Grampian Hospital Arts Trust is looking for someone to develop and deliver a programme of engagement activity, both on and off NHS Grampian sites.
Grampian Hospitals Art Trust:
Grampian Hospitals Art Trust (GHAT) was set up 40 years ago with 100 artworks to incorporate artwork into the hospital environment. GHAT now runs 2 exhibition spaces in Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, The Suttie Arts Space and The Small Gallery. GHAT also holds 4000 works in its collection, the largest in a healthcare setting in the country, and runs 7 Artroom projects, making it a significant employer and supporter of artists from the North East and further afield.
The Events Programmer will work with the GHAT Senior Managers to prioritise the following tasks:
- Work with GHAT partners and commissioned artists to develop and deliver events linked to the GHAT programme of activity.
- Adhere to health and safety and data protections requirements.
- Assist in the documentation and evaluation of activities to agreed outcomes.
- Assist the Senior Manager Projects by contributing to reports.
Please download the Role Specification and Task List for the full breakdown of the role and how to apply.
This is a part time post and the Events Programmer will report to the Senior Manager Projects.
GHAT is looking for someone who has
- Training or professional qualifications to degree level in a relevant creative subject.
- Previous experience of setting up and delivering a programme of events.
- Demonstrable experience of working in the arts sector.
- Knowledge of contemporary art in Scotland and the UK.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely with colleagues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work on own initiative.
- Professionalism at all times
- Excellent written skills to proofing level.
- Ability to multi-task and exercise excellent time management skills
- Ability to set and work towards targets.
- ICT skills including familiarity with ability to use Microsoft packages.
- A positive and solutions focused approach in the workplace
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people of all ages and backgrounds
- This is a 12 month fixed term part time post.
- 22.5 hours per week.
- Workplace pension with NEST.
Salary £25012 and 35 Annual Leave days including public holidays (pro rata)
How to apply:
Email, with ‘Events Programmer Application’ in the subject line, a current CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the post
Senior Manager – Projects
Deadline: Sun 5th November 2023 Midnight