GHAT has a 13 week full time internship opportunity for an arts trained individual to work alongside GHAT staff in the Suttie Art Space.
DEADLINE: 20th April 2015 at 12 noon
This is an opportunity for an arts graduate to actively learn about the artists/themes within Suttie Arts Space arts programmeProvide excellent and pro-active customer service. Engage audiences with information about the current exhibitions and all aspects of GHAT including the building and facilities, forthcoming exhibitions, events and activities, membership & sponsorship, and information about the local area and arts events – Undertake ongoing marketing via social media – Document conversations/questions with audiences (written/typed) – Adhering to health and safety regulations both in the Gallery and at off-site exhibition spaces, being aware of disability and access requirements. – Helping with basic set up and delivery of events. – Assist the Collections Coordinator and Project Manager with art handling when necessary.
The opportunity can be accessed from
“This project/work has been undertaken with the support of SCVO’s Business Growth Graduate Internship programme funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Scottish Government and Creative Scotland”.
- aged 18 – 30 and resident in Scotland
- hold a SCQF Level 8+ qualification (equivalent to an HND, first degree, SVQ Level4) All applicants to Arts & Creative Industry Internships must possess a relevant Arts & Creative industry qualification
- unemployed; either in the first 12 months of a benefit claim (pre-Work Programme) or 2 years+ (post-Work Programme) or unemployed and not claiming benefits (but must make a claim for benefits in order to apply for an internship opportunity)
To apply for an internship:
- You need to speak to your Jobcentre Plus Advisor who can check your eligibility and give you an Eligibility Referral form
- Complete an Internship Application form available on SCVO’s website http://www.scvo.org.uk/jobs-employability/business-growth-internship-vacancies/
- Submit both these forms to the employer (your Jobcentre Plus Advisor will give you details of where to send these)