This position is no longer available. Thank you for your interest
GHAT is seeking a Senior Manager Collections to take forward the development and management of our unique collection of artwork. This is an exciting time to take on this role as we look to initiate a new interactive database and to investigate museum status.
Working in hospitals brings its own rewards as you see the delight that art can bring to the everyday experience of staff patients and their visitors. GHAT aims to help patients feel cared for, staff feel valued and visitors feel comforted through art and creativity.
Purpose of this role: As part of the GHAT Senior Management team this post forms a key part of delivery of the GHAT programme of activity. The post holder is the visible ambassador for the GHAT Collection of Artworks both internally within the NHS and externally.
- Status: Part-time, permanent contract. 22.5 hours per week /3 days per week
- Salary: £30,181 Pro rata
- Location: Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Remote working is possible for some aspects of the job but you will need to be able to work on site regularly.
- Flexible working: You may agree your core working with your Line Manager (over Mon-Fri) except for some essential monthly and weekly team meetings, and the occasional weekends
- Reports to: GHAT Operations Manager
- A key part of the Senior Management team
- Line manages: GHAT Collection Assistant
- Supervises: ad hoc project managers and volunteers attached to specific projects
- Must be willing to travel to different NHSG venues across Aberdeenshire
- Excellent annual leave policy -27 days plus 8 days public holiday, pro rata on appointment.
This is a position with a very broad remit and would suit someone who is passionate about working hands on with a collection. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic manager who has the practical experience of managing and developing a collection. A confident communicator, committed to engaging and building meaningful relationships with our stakeholders. An organised individual with attention to detail, confident with databases and budgets.
Please use the following link to apply for this post by midnight 10th April 2022. Interviews for the shortlisted candidates will be in the week beginning 18th April
For the job description please click here – Job Description
For the Job specifics please click here – Job Specifics