GHAT has various opportunities for volunteers, which are crucial to the smooth running of the charity. We offer all volunteers training, expenses and opportunities to apply for upcoming vacancies and to participate in GHAT projects and events. GHAT is looking for Gallery Assistants for the upcoming 2023/24 exhibition programme in The Suttie Arts Space and The Small Gallery.
The Suttie Arts Space:
GHAT run an arts venue situated within Aberdeen Royal Infirmary which was opened in Dec 2014. The Suttie Arts Space leads off a corridor walkway, with a daily footfall of over 4000 people, which connects two major hospital buildings within Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. The function is an arts space in which all patients, staff and visitors will feel welcome, introduce existing and new audiences to contemporary art and increase the range of arts and artists that GHAT can support to create new work for exhibition.
The Gallery Assistant will work with the Senior Manager to prioritise the following tasks:
* Welcome visitors, answer questions and field sales enquiries
* Monitor and evaluation of feedback and visitor numbers
* Assist maintenance of exhibitions and gallery spaces
* Assist with promotional events and exhibition installations
* Provide administration support to the Senior Manager Training will be given in all areas.
Please download the Volunteer Job Description for the full breakdown of the role
This is a volunteer post and the Gallery Assistant will report to the Senior Manager.
The Gallery Assistant role can be physically demanding in its nature. As well as standing or sitting for long periods of time you may be asked to help lift and carry equipment. The assistant may work alone and in isolation for some of the time. Please make the Senior Manager aware of any challenges which the physical nature of this job may present to you. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments for access and equality.
Conditions of Work:
* There will be an evaluation of the volunteer’s role after a 10 week period.
* An average exhibition run in The Suttie Arts Space is 12 weeks
* Further training opportunities across all GHAT projects will be made available to all volunteers on request.
The Suttie Arts Space is situated inside a working acute hospital. There are still restrictions to access on some NHS Grampian sites. All GHAT employees and volunteers are required to adhere to all NHS Grampian COVID and infection control regulations. Training will be given to new employees and volunteers.
To find out how to apply please download and read the Volunteer Job Description.