Originally from Shetland, Gemma is drawn to the prominent scarification left behind on its coastal line due to the growing results of erosion caused by global warming leaving its cliffs scarred with craters ad fractures. Gemma works with manual typewriters as a drawing tool to create imagery. These marks are beautifully translated within her work through typewritten imprints and impressions creating her own idiosyncratic visual language.
- The September Issue August 14, 2017
- Sally Duguid | Grids, continued……. July 27, 2017
- Incidental Interiors – Workshop and Curator’s Tours July 5, 2017
- Mark Lyken and Kevin Andrew Morris June 15, 2017
- Incidental Interiors by Rachel Barron and Anna Shirron May 29, 2017